Sunday, June 20, 2010

Will laser hair removal show up on my medical record?

I got laser hair removal about four years ago. It was a terrible idea, in hindsight. Not only was it ineffective, but it was extremely expensive. Today, I'm embarrased to have even considered this option. I'm always railing against cosmetic surgery and superficiality, and I feel like a complete hypocrite now. (I was convinced to do it by a series of pressures I won't go into now). Anyway, will this procedure show up on my permanent medical record? Do any cosmetic procedures, for that matter? I'm worried that any future employer who checks my medical record might pre-judge me based on this, perhaps thinking I'm a vapid person. Thank you for your help!



Will laser hair removal show up on my medical record?

Since it is considered cosmetic and done at a special clinic, it would not be in your hospital medical records, not unless it was recommend by your primary care physician and a referral was given for it, or if it was done at the doctors office or hospital you go to.



Will laser hair removal show up on my medical record?

I had LHR on my neck and it worked great and was a great decision. Concerning the Tx showing up on your medical record, no it shouldn't as the practice cannont share the record with anyone unless you say it is OK. For that matter, I don't think employers can access your medical records without your consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter