Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u hav

Folliculitis = infections of the hair follicules (basically after waxing or shaving, when your hair grows back, it sometimes gets infected and causes pimples with pus).



I have this problem, and doctors tell me that there is nothing I can do about it (except put a cream antibiotic "Fucidin H" on the pimples once they're already there).



It is a very annoying problem, because I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking to try the Lazer for a permanent hair removal... which is basically my only alternative...



If anybody has any suggestion, or a cure for Folliculitis it would be great to hear it !!



:)



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

Folliculitis is a result of damage to the follicle which leads to infection. The boils/carbuncles you get are the signs of infection. Common causes of follicle damage (which may apply to you) are friction from tight clothing or shaving, excess perspiration, acne or dermatitis, and abrasions (scrapes).



Because folliculitis is a recurring conditon, prevention rather than cure is a reasonable strategy. While it's not always possible to prevent all infections all the time, you can greatly reduce the recurrence by avoid tight clothing, by shaving with care and using a new blade each time. Or use an electric razor or depilatory. It may not be possible to avoid excess persipration but keep your skin as clean and dry as you can. Try your best to avoid situations and locations where you may sweat excessively.



Continue to treat any existing carbuncles with the Fudicin. Wash your hands before and after using the cream. Wash the boils with mild soap and water before applying the cream.



As far as laser hair removal, do some research on the impact it has (if any) on folliculitis. I truly hope everything works out for you.



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

Don't wax your armpit, just shave it, and put some aloe vera cream to make it cool, just like men did after they shave



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

have you tried depilatory creams?



Still, permanent removal sounds like your best option.



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

I would do the laser treatment- You will never have to worry about any creams or shaving carefully- it will just be done and over with, and you wont have to be self concious or anything. good luck!



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

Exfoliate skin gently,so trapped, dead skin doesn't cause bumps.Apply Cortaid after exfoliating;the Cortaid will thin the skin to make it less likely that plugs will occur.Make sure that your razor is very sharp.Otherwise,the laser treatment will let you be hair free for a longer period of time,but maybe you should ask a dermatologist who does laser hair removal about what the growing back of hair will be like for someone with your problem.



I have "Folliculitis" (I get big pimples when I wax or shave my legs, underarms), if u have a way to help me?

BEFORE COMMITTING TO IT:



1. Find a reputable salon/clinic with properly trained staff (people with a background in nursing are the best)



2. Go for a consultation and get all the facts before you make a decision. They might do a free test for you on your arm so that you can experience the sensation (it ain't a walk in the park for some people - everyone's got a different pain threshold)



FAST FACTS:



* Laser hair removal typically requires multiple sessions (between 4 and 6 minimum) because hair grows in a cycles.



* You may be required to pay a high price PER session and then after the minimum number, you can either be put on a maintenance program (where you pay per zap) or go back to them for free treatments (pricing purely depends on the salon/clinic).



* It's fine for you to wax/shave inbetween sessions (people can't always make their appointments on exact days)



* The laser works best on dark hair on light skin



* For fine hair (like on your upper lip), the minimum number of sessions can be up to 10



* Skin on different parts of the body has different sensitivity levels (i.e. your eyelid skin is different to the skin on your back, right?). Having your underarms lasered might be almost painless while having your bikini lasered could leaving your skin burning for a while afterwards.



* Initially, you may experience little or no pain (depending on area treated), but be aware that the voltage may be increased with every session you go (this achieves better results).



* To help with the pain during the treatment, you can go to a pharmacy and get an anaesthetic cream (ask the clinic/salon to recommend a good one to you). This cream has to be applied a short time before the treatment.



THE PROCESS:



- You and the nurse/beautician will be required to wear special goggles during the procedure



- The nurse/beautician will spread a gel over the affected area.



- While using the laser, a jet blowing cold air will make the gel icy cold in order to help numb the pain once the nurse/beautician starts "firing away".



- Once treatment of the area is complete, the nurse will wipe away the gel and apply a soothing cream/lotion.



- Afterwards, you may be given a coldpack to put on the affected area to help numb any lingering pain you might experience.



BOTTOM LINE:



- The results are very much worth the pain.



- DON'T go for 1 or 2 sessions then give up ("pain" is not a reason to quit). Commit yourself to going for the minimum number of sessions (even if you decide to spread the sessions out over a longer period).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter