Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blue semi-permanent Manic Panic dye, quick removal?

I dyed my hair with Manic Panic semi-permanent dye and not my hair is a greenish gray tint. I can't get it out. I have spent ALL weekend washing my hair...almost constantly, and I got a new shampoo that has ammonium sulfate in it and it seems to work better, but it didn't remove enough dye for it to be noticeable. I tried using soap, Dawn dish soap, moisturizing shampoo, shampoo for damaged hair, and I'm out of ideas. Someone suggested chlorine, but I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense. I really really really want it out before school tomorrow. Can anyone give me some ideas?



Blue semi-permanent Manic Panic dye, quick removal?

Personally, I would buy a darker color and redye it, hoping for the best.

1 comment:

  1. To remove the last bit of residue or stain on the hair (or to get color out immediately) I have a tip given to me by professional hairdressers. Make up a small batch of bleach mixture (MANIC PANIC® FLASHLIGHTNING), and add it to 2 tablespoons or so of shampoo in a cup. Stir it up. Wear rubber gloves. Shampoo hair with this mixture, "kneading" the hair from root to tip with your fingers... you should see the color disappear right before your eyes!
    - Gooby's Tips from manicpanic.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Scooter