Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ingrown hairs?

I have tried exfoliating with everything out there! ANything that an estetician suggests, I do. Yet I still end up with ingrown hairs all over my legs. I don't shave on a regular basis either, but when I do, I always use a new blade and shaving gel for women. The only option I can think of at this point is permanent hair removal..unless someone can suggest something?? Please help, as it tends to cause a little pain in areas.



Ingrown hairs?

Wow...that's quite a pickle. The only other option that I can think of that you haven't suggested would be sugaring. It's very similar to waxing, except that it is supposed to be a bit gentler on your skin. This might reduce the number of ingrowns you get, but I can't guarantee anything. When you waxed your legs, did you do it with an at home waxing kit, or at the salon? The salon might be a place to try as they have much better luck at removing all the hair. With an at home waxing kit, you just can't reach everything and remove it as cleanly as a professional. If you want to try it at home, try getting one of the warm wax kits that you can heat up in the microwave or on the stove. This opens up your follicles, letting you remove the hairs more cleanly.



I hope something I suggested here works. Until it does, you're doing the right thing by exfoliating every day. Even using a loofah on dry skin helps remove dead skin. If all else fails, laser hair removal or electrolysis might be the way to go, if you're willing to shell out the big bucks. Good luck!



Ingrown hairs?

In regards to your OHIP question...I honestly have no idea. My first thought would be to say no because electrolysis isn't a "required" procedure. But I'd check it out with your provincial government, cause stranger things have happened! Report It



Ingrown hairs?

which areas? :)



Ingrown hairs?

I get this too or used to. I stopped shaving and started waxing and have never hd those bumps again.



Use Bikini Zone. It will make the bumps go down. After they are gone wax don't shave with a razor anymore. Get nair. I get the kind that I wipe on...wait 15 min and wipe it off with a damp, warm washcloth then shower to remove the rest of the hair. It gives me a very smooth finish and no bumps!!



Remember: get the bikini zone (I got mine at wal-mart) then get some nair. You can find them in the same aisle at wal-mart.



Ingrown hairs?

A review of the various hair removal methods is available at http://tinyurl.com/ob6tt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter