Thursday, November 26, 2009

Laser Hair removal, really permanent??? Should I, should I not?

What are the average prices? What are the advantages and disadvantages, is it really "permanent"? Painfull?



Laser Hair removal, really permanent??? Should I, should I not?

The prices and number of sessions vary a lot, and so does the percentage of hair that grows back after each session--this I notice after having read up on the subject online. I suggest you search for *laser hair removal* here in yahoo answers and on any search engine--you can get a lot of info, including tips and pictures. Some people say it's really permanent, others say they had hair grow back; some are happy with their results, others are not; some say it's painful, others say it's not. In my case, it was only slightly painful, in a good way, like a good massage. It all depends from person to person.



The price is really the main disadvantage, and there is no guaranteed result because of all the varying individual factors. You're an ideal candidate if you have light skin and dark hair, but even if not, I've read there are still laser options for that. The advantage is, duh, permanent hair removal if you're lucky; permanent hair reduction if you're not that lucky. Some do get scars and stuff so do go to a qualified professional.



And what I said about the prices varying a lot?--Here's an example, from where I live. I paid 24,000 Philippine pesos for mine(BOTH underarms and bikini line, including numbing gel, cold compress and anti-inflammatory cream, 8 sessions each and transferrable, ie if you're lucky and all hair is gone by the 4th treatment or so, you can sell or give away the extra treatments which you've already paid for to your friend or whoever), which, at the current exchange rate is about 510 dollars. The only other laser clinic in my city is the most reputable in the country and has a rate of 66,000 Philippine pesos for EITHER underarm only or bikini line only--about 1,105 dollars for 6 sessions+2 extra if there's still any hair, and non-transferrable. Even if a thousand dollars for 6-8 sessions sounds inexpensive to Westerners, it's a high price in our currency, especially for a student like me, so I was really lucky I examined the options.



So I suggest you do a lot of research first, and search for a good deal in your area BUT make sure it's a reputable clinic and they know what they're doing; don't just go to any cheap one. If you have the cash and the patience, you should go for it. Just don't quit if the hairs are still coming back after the first few sessions--finish your treatment. Take pain relievers about 30 minutes beforehand, and forgo any tanning or whitening on the area to be treated for, I guess, at least 2 weeks beforehand. Good luck!



Laser Hair removal, really permanent??? Should I, should I not?

hiya!



I'm from Ph too, where's that clinic? and what's its name?



Are you satisfied with their services? Report It



Laser Hair removal, really permanent??? Should I, should I not?

its not cheap, it hurts and it takes several treatments to get all of you, plus other hairs that are not above skin level will come out after you had it done so you will need more than one treatment on any area of the body.



Laser Hair removal, really permanent??? Should I, should I not?

First, hairs under the skin do get treated. Only hairs from dormant follicles don't get treated. The average price is $50 per Tx to $500 per Tx for large areas. The advantages are that it is fast and only requires 4-6 Tx to get 95-99.9% of the hair removed. I had treatments on my neck 6 years ago and all of the hair is still gone....and I am EXTREMELY happy. The pain is not too bad but it depends where you are getting treated....each subsequent treatment hurts less and less because their is less hair to treat.



Make sure you go to someone with experience who is using fairly new equipment. Don't go to a discount provider as they are probably using old equipment or equipment that doesn't work. The attached sites have more information and a list of reputable providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter