Sunday, November 29, 2009

I understand laser hair removal is not 100% PERMANENT, however, generally how long does it last?

Will having 6 treatments now, and then having a touchup maybe once a year afterwards be efficient enough to maintain the desired reduction? Anyone have any success stories?



Thanks.



I understand laser hair removal is not 100% PERMANENT, however, generally how long does it last?

I am also going through the treatments right now and the lady that's doing mine said that it would be permanent. She did, however, contradict herself by saying I may have to have touch-ups sometimes.



It really depends on how light your skin tone is and how dark and coarse the hair is being removed. If you're very fair skinned and have dark, stubbly hair the better your results will be. And it does hurt. I'm having from my neck to my chin done and also my upper lip. It's not pleasant but it's definitely worth it. I've been for 2 of my 6 treatments so far and there's a remarkable difference already. The hair is not growing near as fast and a lot of the hair is growing back blonde which means it is killing the pigments. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which causes excessive hair growth and this was my only option on getting it removed. Good luck on this and hope this goes well for you!



I understand laser hair removal is not 100% PERMANENT, however, generally how long does it last?

I just started last year, and I get treatments every 6 - 8 weeks. I missed a session or two along the way. I LOVE the results. I have a def. reduction. However, everyone is different. Hormone's change and therefore, no one can guarantee you anything. Despite what they tell you, the laser does hurt, so be prepared. Initially they keep the frequency low, but it gets higher with each treatment to kill the folicle. So make sure they have ice packs ready for you. It is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter